Hey everybody!
Wish everybody could be here with me. I am having an absolute blast! I've been able to enjoy all sorts of new experiences. This past week I was working on putting together a steel roof for a new church. I actually got to do a bit of welding myself :-)
Yesterday was a blast--we went to a giant crater in the grount with spears slicing out from the top and bottom. This cave was certainly the most spectacular one I've ever seen! Exploring all the way to "the end" of it was super fun. It was interesting trying to find our way back out in time to get to the evening evangelistic meetings.
Today we went to a cave that was a good 20 feet wide with a river flowing through it! We tubed in one end and out the other. Among the more interesting sites included bats, and most of all, a gigantuous crabbed that was docked right where I was resting my feet. YIKES! However, the locals say, "no estas peligroso, y no es dolor." That means it's not dangerous or painful. My response was, "Como sea!" That means, "WHATEVER!"
This trip has been awesome though. Kind of sad we're leaving in ten days. I miss you all! See you back in the cold United climate.

2 comments:
Wow, those caves sound exciting:-D So glad you're having a great experience there. And, although the cold United climate is often severe, today's Tennessee weather was amazing. In fact, it was so perfect that I went on an awesome mountain bike ride w/some friends. Jealous yet? No, didn't think so;-) Can't wait to see you guys at grad!
awwww, that sounds like way too much fun! I love exploring caves; been awhile though. Where were you at?
Post a Comment